Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and is always a time us ladies like to look our best. This post will show you how to nail the perfect tan, a fresh faced make-up look and how to style your hair.
Let’s get started…
THE NIGHT BEFORE: 13/2.
Tanning with Naked Tan
1. Start by scrubbing off dead skin cells and possibly leftover tan with Goddess Body Exfoliator. Hop in the shower and apply a small amount to appropriate areas. Massage into the skin to leave it feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
2. Get out of the shower and dry off. Apply Goddess Creme de la Creme to knees, elbows and ankles to assure the tan doesn’t cling to your dryer areas.
3. Apply Goddess Bronzing Mousse all over the body. Be sure to use a tanning mitt and work in circular motions. This will help the tan to look more even and natural.
4. Put your hairdryer on cold and dry your whole body. Wait 10 minutes before clothing. After a minimum of 2 hours your tan is ready to go. The longer you leave the tan, the more it develops and the darker it will be.
5. Wash off with Goddess Body Cleanser. This product is amazing as it is SLS free and doesn’t strip off your tan like other body washes.
Now your tan is ready to go!
VALENTINE’S DAY: 14/2.
Tan Touch-Up, Make-Up & Hair Styling
1. Apply Goddess Instant Tan to arms and legs to give an over all glow and colour.
2. Buff in with tanning mitt. This product is also made to moisturise the skin, assuring your mousse tan will last longer!
Considering this is a Valentine’s Day tutorial, I think it is nice to keep it very fresh, dewy and natural. I believe Valentine’s Day suits a very feminine, youthful make-up look and that is what I have created. This look uses very earthy tones and universal colours, assuring it can suit anyone!
– Firstly, cover any redness with green colour correcting concealer from the ‘Corrector Trio’ by Be Coyote.
– Then, cover any darkness (particularly around the eye area) with orange colour correcting concealer from the ‘Corrector Trio’ by Be Coyote.
– Thirdly, buff Nars Sheer Glow foundation into the skin with a buffing brush. I use colour ‘Fiji’, light 5.
– Use Nars Radiant Concealer to cover any blemishes and illuminate under the eyes. I would recommend placing the concealer in a triangle shape to slightly contour the face. This is discussed in a previous blog post. I use colour ‘Custard’, medium 1.
– Dust Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in ‘Dim Light’ all over the face with a large powder brush. This powder will assure you’re make up doesn’t slide off but is also illuminating, adding to that glow.
– Complete your complexion by filling in your brows. I used the Kevyn Aucoyn Brow Pencil in ‘Brunette’ to draw fine individuals hairs and buffed them out with the end of the pencil. I also ran Get Threaded’s ‘Brow-Mazing’ gel through to keep them in place.