We are proclaiming that 2019 will be the year of achievable resolutions and big dreams! What do we mean? Well we resolve to start making our bed in the morning, but we dream of holidaying in Hawaii!
We have compiled a cheeky list of tanning resolutions (and how to keep them) that you can incorporate into your new year. We promise these resolutions are easier than quitting chocolate…
- I resolve to start washing my tanning glove:
Run our Tanning Applicator Mitt under hot water until the water goes clear, then leave it out to dry.
- I resolve to moisturise everyday to prolong the life of my tan:
If you want hydrated skin (You should!) try using our Crème De La Crème, before and after your tan. Beauticians you can also apply it to the knees, elbows, feet and hands of clients. This acts as a moisture barrier, so that those dry areas don’t go too dark after a spray.
- I will stop wearing moisturiser, makeup or deodorant to my spray tan appointments:
Skip the products and go bare, it will save your beautician time and give you an easy-breezy-even tan. Wearing deodorant or moisturiser can cause product to not stick well to the skin, so we want to avoid them, if possible. Just like our products, we want you to be Au naturale!
- I will exfoliate and shave before tanning:
We all know that fake tan looks a million times better on fresh skin! Buffing away the dead skin cells will give you a gorgeous streak-free tan. Try using a combo of our Body Exfoliator and Tan Removing Mitt, for baby soft skin.
- I will Fake it:
At Naked Tan we believe strongly that we should all protect ourselves from the sun’s harmful UV rays. That means no crisping yourself at the beach! Far too many people are hurt from a life sun-baking, so this year slip slop slap (and pop on some Mousse when you get home).
- I will apply with an applicator mitt:
You’ve seen those tans before, the ones that have streaky marks and white patches. There are a few reasons for this; they were rushing, they applied in lines not circular motions or they weren’t using a Mitt. This year we are resolving to have no more zebra legs!
- I will not to use soap that strips my tan:People always ask us how to make their tans last longer and this is what we tell them: moisturise, stay hydrated and use the correct soap! People are often using harsh shower washes that contain alcohol or other ingredients that will strip your tan. Our Body Cleanser is made from all natural ingredients that will keep your tan looking fresh, and your skin clean. Thank us later…–
- I will love myself:
Tan or no tan, this is the year to show yourself love, goddess. Life is too short, so grab it with both hands (also grab a mimosa, because girl, you deserve it!)
Happy 2019 goddesses! We are wishing for nothing but happiness for all of you. May this year be the year you achieve your dreams, and finally learn how to fake tan your ankles properly.